Aid Thoughts is brilliant.
We don’t have any really good collective nouns, do we? There’s nothing like a “pride” of lions, or an “annoyance” of mimes. I humbly suggest the following:
- A sympathy of charities
- A contradiction of economists
- A frustration of bureaucrats
- A complexity of anthropologists
- A confusion of NGOs
- A quagmire of donors
- An infestation of politicians
- A detail of immigration officials
- An excellence of bloggers (I suspect others may wish to change this to ‘A smugness of bloggers’. I’ll let you decide. I vote for excellence, as a totally unbiased observer, of course).
- A conviction of international criminal lawyers
- A compliance of human rights officers
- A delay of IGOs
- A creep of IFIs
- A consternation of think tanks
- A bluster of pundits
- A vigilance of monitors
ha, these are good! I really like ‘a bluster of pundits’.